Adult Literacy Officer
Literate Village (LV), a USAID funded program, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of “Adult Literacy Officer” in Sohag and Behira.
How to apply:
- Send an updated CV to the email address: email@example.com
- Specify in your email subject which governorate you are applying for. (Sohag and/or Behira)
Deadline for receiving the applications: the 29th of July
Technical Support (70 %)
- Provides technical support to the program interventions in the area of adult literacy and works closely with stakeholders at directorate and district levels to ensure achieving planned results and sustainability of program interventions.
- Builds the capacity of project staff of the implementing local partners (NGOs and CDAs) and provides day to day coaching and mentoring.
- Conducts regular follow-up and monitoring to ensure proper and efficient implementation including conduction of regular field visits to monitor literacy classes and community literacy activities.
- Supports the preparation of project implementation plans and assists the NGO and CDA implementing partnersin the planning process.
- Identifies critical issues in the implementation of the project and together with the staff of the NGO and CDA implementing partners, takes the necessary actions to address challenges in the field
- Actively participates in the selection and follow up of target beneficiaries in targeted villages.
- Provides technical support for local NGO staff in their engagement with AEA at the governorate and district level.
- Ensures technical approaches adopted through the adult literacy component are gender- and disability-inclusive.
- Coordinates with the other officers to ensure that: adult literacy interventions in the targeted communities are effective and well integrated with the community school interventions and cross cutting activities.
- Ensures the alignment of learning objectives for children and mothers.
- Works with the Governorate Coordinator and the M&E team to ensure that results are effectively communicated and lessons learned are incorporated into program database.
- Actively participates and contributes in the facilitation of workshops, trainings and project agreement signing processes at field level.
- Undertakes other tasks as assigned by the Governorate Coordinator.
Organizational Learning and relationship management (15 %)
- Establishes effective relations with governmental authorities at the governorate and district levels.
- Establishes effective relations with PNGOs and CDAs project teams.
- Participates in meetings when required, annual planning meetings etc.
- Ensures proper documentation of observed impact of activities and lessons learned.
- Prepare timely technical reports regarding adult literacy activities as required by the program.
- Maintains project database and information related to the project.
- Supports all program monitoring and evaluation activities, research and learning efforts and advocacy plans.
Financial and Administrative Support (15%)
- Together with the implementing partner staff, prepares annual and quarterly budget projections and detailed implementation plans.
- Tracks project expenditures at field level.
- Organizes and maintains information on costs and prices at field office level
- Provides input during the project budget revision.
- Facilitates communication and interaction between field level staff of the implementing partner and project finance team.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in education or relevant field
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience working on adult literacy instruction, assessment and training, preferably in Egypt
• In-depth knowledge and working experience of Egypt adult literacy policies
• Effective communication and presentations skills “in Arabic”, both orally and in writing to make formal and informal presentations and to compose professional and analytic reports and program documents
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills