October 3rd by Manal H 0 50
CAF is hiring a Deputy General Secretary for Finance & Administration
Job Scope and Duties:
The CAF Deputy General Secretary for finance & Administration contributes to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing all financial & Administrative tasks for the Confederation. Under the guidance of the Secretary General, he is in charge of the strategy and the overall financial & Administrative investments and in charge of controlling the overall CAF budget.
Planning and management aspects
- Formulate financial strategies and plans for the optimization of CAF’s financial health
- Develop performance measures that support CAF’s strategic direction
- Direct, lead and nurture in-depth relations with members of the Finance Division team
- Maintain positive in-depth relations with the General Secretary and the Directors
- Manage the overall CAF budgets and overall processes, establishing guidelines for budget and forecast preparation
- Finalize the CAF annual accounts and statements
- Present indications to the General Secretary on any proved variations between the estimated budget and the actual expenses
- Oversee compliance with all CAF contractual requirements with commercial partners
Financial Operations aspects
- Possess the Second signature on all financial transactions and checks (The General Secretary has the first signature)
- Sign all correspondences concerning the Finance
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Implement operational best practices
- Oversee the issuance of timely and accurate financial statements and reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Oversee the preparation of all supporting information for the annual audit and liaise with Finance Controller and internal / external auditors as necessary
- Guarantee that banks’ reconciliations are done properly by the Accounting Unit
- Review monthly results as presented by the Financial Controller
Administrative Operations aspects
- Improve processes and policies, manage administrative staff, and lead long term organizational planning.
Specific responsibilities include:-
- Management: manages daily office operations, negotiates contracts, manages relations with vendors, acts as primary liaison with Pangaea’s landlords (and subtenants), develops and oversees office standard operating procedures.
* Technology: oversees network administration, manages phone system and evaluates information systems.
* Human Resources: oversees the organization’s human resources needs; including employee on-boarding, managing and administering health and other employee benefits, maintaining personnel records, monitoring insurance coverage and ensuring that insurance personnel policies are up-to-date.
* Manage Administrative Staff: including the department of travels, And other duties.
- Ensure that all statutory financial requirements of the Confederation are met
- Monitor reliable control systems
- Report risk issues to the General Secretary
- Maintain relations with internal / external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Preserve all financial / accounting documents with a proper archiving system
- Review policies and procedures to ensure that financial information is secure and accessed by the relevant personnel only, including on the JDE software
- Behave Ethically, build relationships, communicate effectively, focus on CAF members and partners needs, foster Teamwork, Lead and Make Decisions, Organize and plan, Solve problems
Required to coordinate with other CAF departments and other parties as follows:
1/ General Secretary
2/ Finance Division staff to perform the above-mentioned duties
3/ All other CAF Divisions concerning financial matters
Bachelor degree plus 4/BTS.
Accounting degree is required.
Master Degree or CPA ( Mentioning the international name of the diploma ) or Accounting equivalent is required.
Excellent Knowledge of all MS-DOS & Microsoft Office applications.
use of EDP accounting applications.
Minimum 5 years’ of experience in similar fields.
Must be fluent in written and spoken both English and French.-
Additional knowledge of other CAF languages is an advantage (Portuguese and/or Spanish or Arabic).
Applications and CVs should be sent to this email: CAF@targetdhr.com
(Mentioning the title in the subject).
The deadline is 10 th of October 2017