For a multinational company requires Regional Sales Manager (Alexandria – Delta)
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for the sales performance of the General trade Channel for the assigned region in Egypt. He/She assists the country manager in delivering the overall territory sales objectives, also supervises, fine-tunes and monitors the execution and takes pro-active initiatives to cease every opportunity to increase the sales in accordance with the companies’ policies and strategies and in partnership with distributor/s teams.
1) To evolve & achieve Annual/Quarterly Business Plan for the defined region, referring to budgets, coverage and sales value and volume through distributors’ sales force.
2) To ensure accurate Sales forecasting – SKU wise for the region based on sound analysis and support the supply chain team for correct planning.
3) Develop different trade channels conducting Strategic tie-ups, consumer promotions, building relations & image of overall existence of the company in General Trade.
4) To achieve volume and value objectives of the assigned region within budget, time and policy parameters through efficient control of distributor network under charge.
5) Ensure hygiene factors- appropriate technology access, smooth claim processes for the distributors
6) Extensive monthly planning and follow up on Sales team efficiencies, active calls, productivity, and daily routing to maximize distribution ROI.
7) Monitoring monthly activity/ promotional calendar specific to channels
Team Management objectives:
1) Evaluate current team, and hire the right talent for driving the sales in the region within distributor operation as per Cost+ model.
2) Develop and coach the team to take on higher responsibilities; identifying training needs and potential.
3) Lead from the front to motivate the team through regular team meetings and On-the-job trainings and field coaching is an ongoing task.
4) Conduct regular reviews with the team and assist the team in strategizing and achieving the targets set for the region
6) Responsible for defining distributor staff incentive schemes, setting monthly KPIS and approving incentives based on KPI fact-based and qualitative achievement assessment.
Marketing/ Shopper & Customer Marketing Liasoning:
1) To work actively with the regional brand managers and trade marketing team to develop Consumer awareness /image / preference by Executing Planned Consumer Promotions & Events At Quarterly Basis.
2) Own a Product Launch Calendar & help Brand and Trade Managers in Planning and Launching New Product, clearly identifying its need, communication, incremental volume, sell-in-norms, merchandising norms & the brand strategy.
3) Execute Trade events and Promotional Programs by conducting brand-wise promotions basis the outlets / Trade activity calendar.
4) Finally, Provide periodical detailed competitive report, and monthly qualitative report on competition key actions and developments, while providing recommendations.
1) Operate Trade Schemes and visibility activities as budgeted for the defined period
2) Full responsibility of region ROI, trade spending and contract schemes and ensures delivering as per plan with as much ROI maximization initiatives as possible.
3) Settling Distributor and Outlet Claims (damages, trade schemes, misc. debit notes) within stipulated timeframe.
4) Submitting NOCs (No Objection certificate) from vendors on a quarterly basis.
5) Holding a detailed tracker for all trade investments and on/off invoice investments
• 6-10 years’ experience in Sales within FMCG MNC, and least 3 years in the desired territory.
• Solid experience in handling distributors, mainly direct distribution route to market, and Pharmacy channel experience is a plus.
• Ability to achieve excellence in execution and sales and distribution goals through non-direct reports (distributors’ teams).
• Experience in cosmetic or related industry would be a value add
• PC Know-how: Good MS-Office skills, with emphasis on Excel.
• Languages: excellent command of spoken and written English
If you are interested, kindly send your CV to: email@example.com