For an international company in Cairo requires:
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space—good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces for all.
A Senior Mechanical Design Engineer is a licensed professional, an individual at this level in their career is expected to perform their role within the standard of care acceptable to their peers in the industry. A Senior Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for developing the concept design into schematic and detailed design and documenting.
- Knowledge of updated authority regulations and relevant standards and codes in UAE and or internationally
- Up to date knowledge of mechanical/plumbing systems and their applications.
- Collaborate with other team members especially the main office in Dubai to determine design needs and requirements for the project.
- Supervision of design development team, necessary review, corrections and guidelines.
- Prepare and maintain project documents like correspondence, minutes of meeting, notes etc.
- Strong sense of detail design and coordination with various trades including but not limited to structural and architectural and other sub-specialties.
- The ability to resolve problems and issue coordinated drawings devoid of conflicts.
- A resilient work ethic with attention to detail, design quality, aesthetics & market trends.
- Good verbal /written communication [well versed in English] and organizational skills.
- Must be commercially intuitive and capable of running Value Engineering exercises to control project costs as per client’s budgets.
- Professionally accredited degree in engineering.
- Experience: 7-15 years
- CAD, REVIT and Ms. Word/Excel capabilities are a must.
- Ability to produce detailed designs at a level that would be perceived externally as excellent whilst adhering to the client’s and Head of department directives.
- Able to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Can receive criticism and respond appropriately and professionally.
- Provide a balanced approach and good judgment.
- Have the ability to scale process, design and effort to various roles on the project, the needs of the project, and other conditions.
- Resolve and coordinate abstract ideas, exhibit maturity and cultural awareness.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Added Value: Previous experience in Dubai.
If you are interested kindly send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org