- forecasting levels of demand for services and products to meet the business needs and keeping a
constant check on stock levels;
- conducting research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality;
- liaising between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers;
- identifying potential suppliers, visiting existing suppliers, and building and maintaining good relationships with them;
- negotiating and agreeing contracts and monitoring their progress, checking the quality of service provided;
- processing payments and invoices;
- keeping contract files and using them as reference for the future;
- forecasting price trends and their impact on future activities;
- giving presentations about market analysis and possible growth;
- developing an organisation’s purchasing strategy;
- producing reports and statistics using computer software;
- evaluating bids and making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors;
- ensuring suppliers are aware of business objectives;
- attending meetings and trade conferences;
- training and supervising the work of other members of staff.
We are looking for a talented Foreign Purchasing Specialist
Job Responsibilities :
– Deal with overseas suppliers & agents.
– Participate in business plans.
– Follow up the company’s requirements report.
– Make sure that the supplier’s quotations meet the company specifications before approval.
– Track the location of the shipment till arrival to the destination, to ensure accurate & on time delivery..
– Perform cost reduction
– Finalize all related banking procedures (L/Cs, drafts, transfers, endorsements, etc.).
– Deal with shipping forwarders/shipping lines; getting their best rates & best services).
– Follow up the whole shipping process till releasing the cargo.
– Negotiate the price
Job Requirements :
– A bachelor’s degree
– Experience in dealing with Forwarders and shippers , and ability to obtain best prices, delivery terms & payment terms for the required products , either by Air or by Sea.
– Experience in International Trade field.
– Ability to communicate with foreign suppliers on daily basis to get quotations and good prices from them.
– Minimum 3 years of experience in import & and logistics from different worldwide markets.
– Computer and management skills.
– Proficiency in English.
– Good communication Skills
– Internet Explorer
- Floating enquiry for maintenance & capex items Making technical and commercial comparison
- Negotiation with the vendors
- Creating PO (material & service) as per the procedures and approval
- Follow up payment to vendors as per PO terms Vendor developments and vendors visits.
- Prepare MIS report for purchase dept.
- Controlling systems documents i.e. ISO and others systems such as WCM / TPM /TQM, etc.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years experience .
- Professional Working Experience in Capex Procurement, Service Procurement.
- SAP knowledge in MM module & excellent MS office skills .
- Plan major items/services to ensure timely availability of items/services
- Review performance of the department through MIS reports – pending PRs, pending POs, Lead Time
- Implementation of purchase Procedures as approved by Management and update if required.
- Manage existing vendors and Develop new ones.
- Apply contracts wherever required to ensure cost saving and JIT supply
- SAP Implementation
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Engineering.
- 6-8 years experience in Multinational industrial organization.