Don’t miss the new opportunity in Cairo, Egypt, A “Senior Landscape Architect.” is needed to join a multinational company. Check the full details below and apply through the attached email.
About the Job:
Reporting to the Lead Landscape Architect, this role works as part of a multi-disciplinary design team, both the building design and civil & infrastructure divisions. This team member plans, schedules, organizes, coordinates, and executes the design work on a wide range and scale of projects.
• Landscape Architecture Design.
• Project Team Lead Programming project deliverables. Client Interface as required.
• Design Coordination with all disciplines and external consultants.
• Overseeing project documentation, including Quality Control.
• Interface with Statutory Authorities where applicable.
• Design Research as required.
• Site support.
• Mentoring and supervising junior staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Coordinate and lead the assigned Landscape Architects and Technicians team on given projects daily and ensure that design excellence is achieved throughout.
• Develop a thorough design philosophy, effectively contributing to the inception and development of a project.
• Develop a thorough project delivery strategy.
• Produce detailed scope of services for specialist sub-consultant.
• Responsible, with guidance from senior team members, for the preparation and compilation of design presentations and design reports.
• Lead project design and documentation work, ensuring project objectives are met, design instructions are implemented, quality reviews are undertaken, and project deliverables are issued within the agreed time and budget.
• Responsible for the correctness and accuracy of the design documentation as well as thorough and complete multi-disciplinary coordination of the design documentation by the assigned team.
• Experienced in project budgets and value engineering to meet project budgets.
• Coordinate and develop responses to client and peer review comments, tender queries, contractor & queries, etc.
• Responsible for coordinating QA/QC and review processes on each project.
• Supporting the Middle Eastern site supervision team as needed and undertaking site visits for African projects as required.
• Willing and able to travel as needed.
Qualities & Skills
– Developed Landscape Architecture Design skills and understanding of the design process and interfaces between design disciplines.
– Extensive project experience on medium to large-scale projects.
– Work experience within the Middle East and North African region (MENA) is a distinct advantage.
– The flexibility of attitude towards company objectives.
– Resourceful, resilient, diligent, and works well under pressure.
– Committed to team success and willing to put in additional time as required to meet project deadlines.
– Ability to build and maintain respectful and strong relationships with clients and stakeholders.
– Understanding of the company’s commercial management of projects.
– Understanding of project scope definition and discipline scope interface.
– Ability to quickly adapt to the company’s standards, policies, codes, and procedures and share an understanding of the same with others.
– Knowledge of Statutory Authorities’ requirements.
– Knowledge of applicable codes, regulations, and submission requirements and a willingness to learn as required.
– Developed knowledge of Health and Safety in Design, including universal access and fire and life safety principles.
– Developed knowledge of Sustainable Design principles. Green Star and LEED experience is an added advantage.
– Developed horticultural knowledge that can be applied in preparing site-appropriate planting plans, planting schedules, and project specifications.
– Skill in irrigation design and documentation and completing an accredited irrigation design course/diploma is an added advantage.
– Developed knowledge and skill in preparing Landscape BoQs, and the ability to review BoQs prepared by Quantity Surveyors.
– Ability and will to mentor and support junior subordinate staff members and share knowledge across the wider team and company.
– Shows willingness and ability to update knowledge and attain new skills.
– Excellent command of English (written and spoken).
– Knowledge of other languages is an added value.
Years of experience:
– Minimum of 9 years of experience.
– Completing a five or six-year Landscape Architecture degree program or Master in Landscape Architecture (MLA or M.LArch) from a recognized tertiary institution.
– Very good level of English.
– Strong proficiency in Adobe Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat Pro.
– Strong proficiency in Autodesk software, including Revit and AutoCAD.
– Proficiency in SketchUp, Lumion, Rhino, and Navisworks, as well as any 3D representation software, is an added advantage.
– Currently registered with SACLAP or equivalent international professional registration body as a Professional Landscape Architect. Exceptions will be made for highly skilled applicants who are registered as a candidate and eligible to write the board exam within one calendar year.
– Experience in Office 365.
– Experience in Online Communication tools (MS Teams, Web ex).
– Familiar with BIM360.
Apply now through [email protected]; our team will reach out very soon! And If you want to search for more opportunities in a different field, such as payroll & outsourcing, check our latest vacancies and apply now!