Job Title: Data Modeler
Job Location: Old Cairo
Company’s category: Multinational American company
This role is a multi-faceted role, active as part of end-to-end project delivery as well as in pre-
sales cycles for business exploration.
Responsible for the delivery of the business analysis and data design workstream for the company’s services delivery and must have a deep understanding of the fine points of the data arena: data warehousing, big data, data usage, tools, and analytics, in order to extract the correct requirements from our clients and correctly design solutions from a data perspective.
Data Modeler Duties:
As a Data Modeler you are responsible for the business analysis and data design workstream using the company methodologies and processes, including activities such as but not limited to:
– Data design – data modeling, data flow, and data transformations.
– Workstream scoping, planning, and execution.
– Requirements elicitation, definition, and management (functional, non-functional) and associated documentation lifecycles.
– Communications and stakeholder management.
– Prototyping and user acceptance testing.
– Mapping business rules to the logical model.
– Perform recommendations for transfer of the logical model to the Physical model.
– On hands experience in modeling using Inmon and Kimball methodologies. Detail knowledge of both techniques is a must.
– Data architecture and data modeling.
– Data analysis.
– Advanced SQL.
– Data integration principles.
– Data integration software.
– BI tools: specification, development, and use (e.g. Tableau/QlikView/BO).
– Requirements management tools: e.g. JIRA, Jama, Trello.
– DataOps and DevOps tools and principles (like git, Jenkins, code automation tools).
Years of experience:
– From 8 to 12 years of experience in a similar role.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related areas is desirable.
– Knowledge/Experience in Data warehousing, big data, data modeling, and data analysis Industry experience from one or more core industries (e.g. finance, insurance, Government, Taxation, Telecom) preferable Government.
– Familiarity with both traditional and agile IT project delivery and development cycles.
– Requirements documentation and information gathering techniques.
– Excellent command of English.
– Working effectively in multi-disciplinary and cross-organizational teams.
How to apply?Share it